May 5, 2020
Newborn Portrait Sessions during The Coronavirus Outbreak
Times are tough. We are all dealing with uncertainty, disruption, and even fear. We understand that capturing these precious moments with your family are important. In order to continue our Newborn Portrait Sessions during The Coronavirus Outbreak, we have made a lot of changes in our studio to adjust to “The New Normal.” I am keeping apprised of updates and changes via trusted news outlets and the CDC. I have determined our current course of action to disinfect and mitigate disease transmission as thoroughly as possible utilizing the CDC’s guidelines for prevention and treatment. James and I are also taking steps beyond what is currently suggested in order to protect your family and our little ones as well.
We are doing a top to bottom cleaning of the studio including wiping down all surfaces with a bleach solution and extra attention to high traffic areas like doorknobs, light switches, counters and bathrooms. We are wiping down all studio gear with clorox bleach wipes.
Our studio will be open next week with new policies in place. If you’ve been to our studio, you would have entered through our front door with happy smiles from our kids. Due to Corona, we have designed a private entrance that enters straight into the studio. This prevents you from encountering my family.
When arriving to our studio
– Please drive to the back of the driveway. You can text me at 404-289-6383. I will come out to greet you with a mask on.
– Before entering the studio, we will ask you to clean your hands. We will also be washing our hands. Should anyone cough/sneeze/use the restroom/etc mid-shoot, they should sanitize their hands.
– Please wear a mask. If you do not have one, I have some available.
New Policies in the Studio
– Masks will be necessary at all times while in the studio. If your mask is uncomfortable or too hot, you may go outside to get some fresh air and watch through the glass.
– Upon return to the studio, we will ask you to sanitize your hands before and after adjusting your mask. (It is know that touching your mask can spread the virus if you are asymptomatic) So please use as much sanitizer as you need.
– I’m so sorry, but we are not allowing any outside props at the moment. I do apologize. I know you may have some special treats made or given to you by friends and family. However, this policy is to help prevent any spread in the studio. You will have to capture those pics at home.
– Only phones are allowed in the studio. Please leave all bags outside on the patio and only bring essential items. (diapers, wipes, milk) Please leave other items in your car.
– We will continue with our ‘no shoes’ policy in the studio area. When entering the studio, please remove your shoes and leave on the patio. We will also be removing the shoes we arrive to the studio in and switching them out for ‘studio shoes’ (spoiler alert: it’s new slippers, guys!).
– Though we love providing light snacks, coffee, and beverages to our clients, we will be temporarily suspending this amenity in order to further protect your health. Please plan on bringing any beverages/snacks you or your family may require.
– There is a restroom in the main part of the house for emergencies, however please use the restroom before coming to the studio if possible. Its just another way to keep everyone safe.
– We will continue our longstanding policy of laundering any backdrop or item used or touched by a client during a session.
Our Family Portrait Sessions
Our Family Portraits are normally photographed in the studio. However, we are not allowing anyone in studio without a mask on to protect your little ones and mine. Our family Portraits will now take place under the porch in our NEW Outdoor Studio Space. Please come to the studio dressed and ready for your Newborn session. We do have a changing tent that is available, but do not have an indoor space for changing clothes.
This area is still under construction, so please be patient while we are working this out. Only a few backdrops are available at this time.
RESCHEDULING AND CANCELLATIONS
Should you, your family member, or anyone close you come in contact with start to exhibit the symptoms of Corona Virus, please contact us by email, text, phone to reschedule your session. We promise to make it work and would rather play it as safe as possible. If James or anyone in our household is sick, we will cancel your session.
If a session has to be cancelled, we can always plan a session for the future. 4 month sessions are another wonderful milestone to record and celebrate.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding during this time. We can all work together to create some happy memories during this crazy time in the lives of our families.
James & Michelle Hill
James Hill Photography – 404-289-6383